It is hard for any business to survive in modern and competitive markets without having a dedicated website. The attractive world of websites, their development, testing, and maintenance forms a major part of the IT industry.
This market of companies offering solutions for web development is set to cross 40.8 billion USD in the US by 2021.
Web development is the center of evolution with the introduction of new technologies in its different stages. Whether it is front-end or back-end, developers are trying hard to bring the best experience of the world to their web pages. So, how are they achieving it? But before that, let us have a quick look at the present advancement in web development.
Advancement in web development:
Web development considers being a part of website creation, web apps creation, etc. Starting from HTML in the early 1980s to Flash and Ajax in the 1990s, web development has been an area of consistent improvements only.
How is web development evolving?
First things first, web development has changed the way of designs and development of web pages. This change in design is technology-driven, with many components working together using integrations and APIs.
The rise of dedicated web development companies has made it easy for many businesses to invest in the latest technologies and become a part of this evolution.
From text-based websites to embedded designs, from real-time visitor counters to website analytics tools, a lot has changed over the years. If starting from the era of the internet, there are many changes going on with only one thing in connection- technology. Let us have a detailed view of the current role of technology in web development and its promising future.
Role of technology in web development evolution:
- Front-end Technology: The front-end technology for website development has evolved a lot from being simple writing and saving codes, checking the website, and deploying it.
The introduction of libraries and web frameworks tries to solve the complexity in front-end development. Both these technologies improved the upgrade and made it possible to introduce desired changes. Some of the trending technologies include Angular, React, jQuery, HTML, CSS, Moment.js, React DnD, etc., and are some of the best front-end technologies. It helps in powerful visualization and effective data management. The drag and drop interfaces using React language are something to look for when developers are looking for advanced technologies.
- Typography: Earlier web pages were text-based only. The typography plays a crucial part in the design of the web page. There are many types of fonts and texts available, along with many digital products. Many developers further prefer to experiment with new styles and letters. Needless to say, this simple typography can become synonyms for a brand’s marketing initiatives.
- Motion user interface: More than 73% of web designers trust that non-responsive web pages are the main culprits of visitors leaving a website. The motion user interface helps simple and automatic designs of web pages. The background animations, animated charts, headers, hovers, etc., are helping multiple websites stand out from the crowd.
The best examples include quick check-in web pages that make all tasks possible on web pages. The aim of the motion user interface is to increase customer engagement and make the entire process enjoyable and comfortable.
- Infographics: When it comes to making a website more user-friendly and interactive, nothing matches the power of illustrations. These can add a brand new look to the existing website and can make it highly user-interactive.
The appealing designs of the website are credited to minimizing the use of texts and communicating the information to visitors from infographics only. The creation of illustrations is now possible with effective software and technologies like Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. Hence, technology is playing a crucial role in improving the quality of infographics also.
- Voice search: While communication is the key to a remembering conversation, voice search comes with the power of correct findings. Voice search on websites is seamlessly replacing text searches and hence is working wonders for many visitors. The key to the success of this technology is due to its increased accessibility.
- Tracking user behavior: Gone are the days when websites use to have real-time visitor counters. The same got revolutionized to the user behavior tracking that comes under dedicated website analytics stream. This user behavior tracking, time spent on the web page, clicks, etc., gives a clear insight about likings and disliking of the visitors. It is helpful to improve the existing website designs.
- Back-end Technology: Clean coding is the secret of powerful websites. There are multiple programming languages used in the development of websites that can be selected according to the website requirements. The leading technologies include Python, etc. The combination of front-end and back-end technologies like MEAN, MERN, and MEVN offer the best combination for complete website design development.
- Web Apps: Any progressive web app development is incomplete without web apps that are further integrated with websites only. The benefits of web applications are immense when it comes to improving business revenue, enhancing branding and marketing strategies, and offering high-end customer experience. One of the best examples of web apps’ success is Flipkart that has witnessed more than 70% lead conversion- all thanks to their web app only.
- Browser extensions: Website development has now evolved to browser extensions that give quick access to the visitor. The only point of concern is the privacy protection of the website that is best managed at the development and deployment stage of the browser extensions. Comparing the benefits of browser extensions and privacy concerns, developers have to strike the best balance between the two to optimize the benefits of technology.
- Chatbots: Websites are now incorporating Chatbots for a high-end customer experience. These online chat systems are highly automated and powered by trusted artificial intelligence. The idea is simple to serve the visitor even if the team is not available at odd hours. Chatbots can effectively save businesses as, according to recent findings, more than 62 million USD is lost only due to poor customer service only.
- Accelerated mobile pages: With more than 54.8 percent of the global website traffic in the first quarter of 2021, due to mobile devices only, it is hard to give a miss to this section of the audience. The current trends are for the accelerated mobile pages or AMP that is a dedicated technology by Google. It aims to improve the web content and ads experience for mobile users by helping in quick loading.
- Push notifications: Almost every website offers push notifications or pop-ups. Modern technology is not only enabling online marketing with push notifications, subscriptions, etc., but helps to get desired ones according to the results from website analytics. These are some of the tried and tested ways to make the audience of a business’s products or services.
- The era of static websites: Many times, developers understand that dynamic websites are the only performing websites. However, static websites are still in use with modern technology as these offer high-end security and performance benefits. The reduced dependency on databases further makes it a technology to reckon with.
- Do-it-Yourself tutorials: Many times, small businesses and startups are afraid of investing in big-budgeted web development. The introduction of do-it-yourself tutorials in website development and optimization can help businesses have a final decision quickly.
Promising technologies of the future:
With that being said, the current development in app ideas has indicated promising results for the future including:
- Virtual reality and Artificial reality: The combination of virtual reality and artificial reality is empowering companies to offer a bird’s eye view of their products and services. The same can be optimized by the web developers to include stunning features in web apps according to the business requirements.
- Quantum computing: It can help in creating new ways of computation for businesses. Some of the leading examples include IBM that has already introduced quantum computing-based systems. It can effectively handle large volumes of incoming data from websites.
To sum up, technology is playing a vital part in paving the way for the change in web development. Whether it is front-end development or back-end development, the new members of the family, like libraries, web frameworks, Python, etc., are the harbinger of this evolution. These technologies are ensuring the businesses get the best out of web development evolution with strong scope of the latest advancements like artificial intelligence and Internet-of-Things (IoT) in the near future.
With more than 1.9 billion websites actively working on the internet, it comes down to making your website stand out of the flock. It is all about improved customer experience using intuitive web app ideas, the latest front-end, back-end, or full-stack technologies, content creation, SEO, and testing. The developers prefer the powerful combinations of MEAN, MERN, MEVN stack, etc. Web technology is set to become a vibrant business of managing business details.