WordPress is a plugin rich CMS( Content Management System).
There are a lot of great plugins on wordpress that makes the task of a developer easier but sometimes the plugins conflict and this article will show you a case study where I troubleshooted a bug due to plugin conflict.
In this article we are going to discuss a WordPress troubleshooting that many encounters.
Today I was also stuck with this issue, but I found a way to this problem, and I want to share it with my fellow audience to know where to act upon it.
By default, WordPress has all these features preconfigured:
- Forget/ Reset Password
I noticed that I kept getting 404 errors whenever I clicked on forget password option.
But before moving forward, first, understand
What is a 404 error?
404 is a status code returned by the server whenever it cannot find the page the client is looking for.
Identify the Plugin causing an issue.
In my case, I was getting a 404 error due to a plugin conflict in woocommerce.
But it’s not always woocommerce that might create a problem in WordPress default functionality. For example, many Plugin creates and modifies user roles, rewrites default WordPress login, logout, and forgets password options.
Here I am mentioning the exact points how I got rid of this problem:
- Head over to the woocommerce on the left sidebar
- Click on the settings tab.
- Head over to the Advanced tab and click on it
- Scroll the page a bit and skip the page setup part
- Now you can see Checkout endpoints.
- Skip this section, too, and now you can see Account endpoints.
- If you see any text that woocommerce might have created, delete it/ make it blank to restore the default forget password functionality.
And save it all. Refresh and log out from the website. Try the option forget password and hurray! It’s working. I hope you like this troubleshooting article. If you have any suggestions or if I missed something, please comment.