Are you sure you want to become a blogger? Then, probably you should choose the best blogging platform from multiple choices. To make your task easier, we are providing the pros and cons of various platforms where you can start blogging.
WordPress is the most popular software for blogging around the world. It runs 30% of all sites. Most of the health and dissertation writing help websites are using this software.
- Free registration and blog creation.
- Creation of your own design.
- It is possible to make money on advertising.
- Variety of themes on the platform.
- It is possible to import your materials from other platforms.
- Knowledge of the code is optional but highly appreciated.
- It is possible to create a unique site and separate widgets.
- Monetization is possible only when using Premium and Business plans.
- There are not many free themes.
Medium is an international long-reading platform popular among writers, journalists, and bloggers. The medium positions itself as a platform for creativity and self-realization.
- Free registration and account management.
- No design or code knowledge required.
- The Medium Affiliate Program gives authors the opportunity to capitalize on readers’ reactions. The founders of the platform write that the average monthly income is about $50.
- Free for authors. Readers can subscribe and for $5 a month read exclusive content in addition to what’s already publicly available on the site.
- Monetizing is almost impossible, blog is more for creativity.
- It is not possible to use your own domain name.
- As compared to other software, the features are very limited.
It is a social networking website where you can not only chat with friends but also have your own blog. Use notes or standard posts to share your thoughts.
- The note editor allows you to add photos, gifs, and videos, change the weight of the text and add italics with quotes.
- Drafts of your notes are saved, so you can finish and continue working at any time.
- Facebook has changed the news delivery algorithm – it is easier to reach the audience from an individual account.
- There is no way to change the design.
- It will be difficult to promote a blog on the platform without knowing how a social network works.
- You can’t monetize.
The network is actively used not only by companies but also by bloggers. The number of active users is about one billion, which is twice the audience of Twitter and 3 times that of Facebook messenger.
- You can connect a business version with access to audience statistics and publications.
- The platform is constantly evolving, new features are added.
- More emphasis on visual content
- To attract an audience, you need to promote your account and be familiar with SMM.
YouTube is the third most popular site after Google and Facebook. 300 hours of video are uploaded to the platform every minute. To watch them all, we will definitely need several lives. It is easy to make a channel on YouTube, for example, you can open a channel and start guiding students on assignment writing.
- Free registration and channel creation.
- There is a possibility of monetization.
- YouTube has a free creator academy that teaches you how to create content and engage your audience.
- You need to be able to create video content: create, write scripts, shoot, and edit video.
- Very high competition.
- You can monetize a channel after 1000 subscribers.
Telegram allows you to create your own channel and communicate with your audience. For those who like to write, a separate Telegraph service has been created with a minimalist design. It is used in addition to other platforms.
- You can advertise your channel through the exchange.
- Channel statistics are available: views, number of participants, and engagement.
- With the help of bots in the channel, you can conduct polls, add emoji to posts, and publish posts on a timer.
- There are third-party services for viewing channel statistics and ratings. They are very useful for promoting your channel.
- It is possible to publish articles through this platform.
- You can add article authorship via a chatbot, which allows you to view and edit statistics for all your articles.
- If you publish an article without registering with the Telegraph, you can easily lose the link to the article.
- Not as popular as other social networking websites and apps.
On the mentioned platforms, a new writer can easily start blogging without paying any subscription fee. Once you become a pro, go for other platforms.